The City of Vancouver has released their final draft of their Cambie Corridor proposal for the next 30 years, and it looks exciting!
The Cambie Corridor Plan, for the area located between Oak Street and Ontario Street and south of W 16th Ave, is expected to go to City Council in the Spring of 2018, so let the City of Vancouver know what you think.
Some of the highlights include:
- desnsifying with a variety of housing options including low-rise and high-rise
- creating a municipal town centre hub around 41st Avenue and Cambie with new amenities, parks and plazas
- improving transit and the Canada Line (skytrain)
- 20+ acres of new parks (including a new 10 acre Fraser River park)
- 1,080 new childcare spaces
- New and improved community facilities (e.g. New Oakridge Community Centre)
- And much more!
View the City of Vancouver's infographic below, their 4 page Cambie Corridor Summary, their 14 page Cambie Corridor Overview or their entire 253 page Cambie Corridor Plan detailing land use, housing policies, transportation, parks, etc.